It's not that life is bad. I am aware that I have it pretty good. I have a beautiful baby, a kind and loving husband, a good job, and a nice home. But February just brings out the doldrums in me. Every year around this time I find myself wishing Spring would hurry and arrive already. Perhaps that's why I proclaim May to be a month of celebration! It's not necessarily because it's my birthday, more likely I'm honoring the season of Spring and ready to go out and enjoy life. See, maybe I'm not as egocentric as some thought;) At any rate, I've decided if I'm ever rich enough February will be my month to go on a yearly cruise, preferably somewhere tropical and excellent so I can come back with a fantastic tan and impress everyone (okay, maybe I am egocentric a little bit). Maybe if my doctor prescribes it for mental health reasons I can have insurance cover a bit of it. What do you think?
Okay, you're right... I'm dreaming. But for now, dreaming is what gets me through these wet and cold winter months.
6 comments:
It's not a bad dream. You know., your Mom has huge tub upstairs... You should take advantage!)
I'm so with you on the cold winter months! And I did the tropical cruise, and I am still impatiently waiting for spring!
How about we plan a girls trip to Hawaii every Feb. and stay with my parents?! In the meantime go get some of those "happy" lights that are supposed to be like the sun...2 for $30 bucks at Costco! ;-)
May I just give a big AMEN!! As I woke this morning to another gray rainy day, I too am wishing spring would hurry. In fact Saturday I walked through the garden center at Wal-Mart just so I could touch a piece of summer. And last night Bill and I were talking about trying to take warm vacations in Jan and Feb cuz I can't deal with winter anymore. Hang in there... spring is around the corner!
I like the idea of a trip to HI every year Tam! Sign me up for that. I've seriously got the travel bug so bad I think I'm going to book a cruise for after Shaun graduates. I was researching deals last night. I might just bite the bullet!
i think you would feel better if you called me. we haven't talked in forever.
Post a Comment