
What a wonderful Christmas 2009 has turned out to be. I don't think it could have gone any better, although having more family around would have been wonderful. We're grateful we've had time with my parents but would love to have seen Shaun's family as we had originally planned. Christmas always makes me reflect on family and friends and I'm grateful for all of the support we've felt even from afar. We love you and miss you all!
Last night we went to the temple visitor's center to enjoy the Festival of Lights and hear the musical performance by the Temple Sister missionaries. Ella was able to open her Christmas jammies before we put her to bed. She must have sensed excitement in the air because she was up at 6:30 this morning ready to go! She saw her gift from Santa, her pink retro kitchen, that her daddy the elf spent the evening assembling after she had gone to bed. She played with that until the rest of us were coherent enough to enjoy gift opening around 9:30.

She LOVED opening gifts and thought they were all for her (which was mostly true). She got a great mix of games, books, clothing and toys (including the most obnoxious cheerleader doll from her auntie Annie... thanks a bunch for that one... we owe you!). She was on toy overload and zonked around 10:30 for a three hour nap which was wonderful because it allowed me to get everything put away and get things ready for Christmas dinner tonight.
All in all it's been a wonderful day. We are so grateful for our beautiful home, our family, our friends, and our health. We are grateful for the gift of our Savior and it's my hope that I will give him the gift of more of my time studying his word, and more patience in his plan for our little family as it unfolds one piece at a time. I love my Savior and I wish him a very Happy Birthday! Love to all of you, The Calderwoods
PS: In addition to our photos we hope you enjoy our video of Christmas morning:) Please comment... we love comments!






4 comments:
Even I would like to play with that kitchen. I have seen it before and come so close to buying it...decided not to when it was more for me than my kids. :-)
I loved wataching your little Ella open her Christmas gifts! She's such a doll. I have to agree about the little retro kitchen - so stinkin' cute. I love it! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Glad you liked the little poem and card and that you and yours had a nice Christmas together. I look so forward to when Kevin and I have a little one thst just lights up with Christmas excitement. Never forget to be grateful for that little miracle, and treasure every little mess she causes, they grow up so fast!
oops, guess I should have hit the pre-view button before publishing that comment. "Watching" is what I meant to type - Ha ha!
Love the video and pictures. Ella is so darn cute! She is such a smart little girl and getting so big! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment