Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dirty Mouth




Today I must confess another valuable learning lesson from my two year old due to the power of imitation. Her two new favorite words are "shoot" and "dangit". Since hearing them come out of her mouth and telling her those are naughty words, I've been much more aware of my own language. She definitely picked those two up from me. I say them frequently and until she started copying me I didn't even realize it. Thank goodness I don't say the real words or my girl would have a potty mouth bigger than ever. And okay, so maybe they're not the worst words in the world but hearing them come from an innocent child makes you realize how inappropriate they really are. So a new vow: mommy will clean up her dirty mouth!

Other than the potty mouth lessons the Calderwoods have been busy enjoying the beautiful weather that is finally here! We've spent that past few days at the park, going to barbecues, and going for walks outside. We are looking forward to my Spring Break next week and visits from several friends. We're hoping to have many fun adventures and quality time spent visiting. I look forward to time off with my family and a chance to contemplate the joy of the Easter Season.

Also, I know I'm guilty of not posting enough photos lately of our little Miss so I thought I'd put up a couple from the last week. I think both days were prior to church. She's growing up and enjoys everyone at church. She was actually even pretty good through a two hour stake conference today thanks to getting a good seat and the friends around us that helped entertain her. She missed going to nursery as this is her favorite thing to do. She's a little sponge and knows all of the primary songs, her ABC's, and many others. If you sing she can sing with you and can sing her alphabet independently from Q on. Way to go! She's also learning her colors though it's not very consistent. Other than her potty mouth (thanks to me) she's pretty near perfect as far as I can tell.

2 comments:

WrayLynn said...

She is a little talker, isn't she? Speaking of, I think I've heard Brecken say 'shoot'. Miles has had some trouble as well. I say 'freakin' and it doesn't come out like that when Miles says it! We've had to get very 'G' rated with all our slang words.

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

love those pigtails!