So far the summer has proved to be a busy time: preparing for our little girl to arrive next month, working on Ella's potty training, and visits with many friends and family. Since returning from our trip out west, we've enjoyed visits from my oldest sister, Janet, and her family, Adam and Tawnie, and my cousin Amy and her family. Between these visits and the visits with old friends and Shaun's family in Utah, I would call this the summer of reunions. Of course I reunite with everyone I haven't seen in eons when I'm eight months pregnant and in "waddle mode" but oh well, what can you do? Better to visit now than to try to do all this visiting after she arrives and I'm completely sleep deprived. I just remember the first six months of Ella's life being like a blur to me so that's what I anticipate this time around too. Who knows? Could number two prove to be easier or more challenging? I think it's best just not to ask these questions. What will be will be. I've really enjoyed the summer so far despite my huge size and the hot weather. Seeing all of these people that mean so much to me has made it very memorable. And in just a couple of weeks my sister, Michelle, will be coming with her family. So the reunions aren't over quite yet. Here's a recap in pictures thus far:
We'll start with the 4th of July and go from there. This year we returned to Great Meadows like last year but we went with the Wests, Gozarts, and Kim and Percy. We had great seats and Ella LOVED them this year.


The Wests with their two girls and Tawnie's sister, Lauren. We really enjoyed their visit as always:)

Kim and Percy

Jen and Jake's kids. I tried to get a photo of them but Jake blinked in every one of them. Maybe next time.

The men and the girls

Little Lily is a cutie pie


Sweet photo of Tawnie with her little girl (with dresses she hand made for both girls... sheesh!) Ella's dress was 10$ at Old Navy

The girls playing dress up together. They really do play well together. It's cute to see them grow up together.

Night time book reading

After Adam and Tawnie's visit, I got to spend some time with my cousin, Amy, and her family. She is such a wonderful person and seeing her was so nice. Her little boy is just a couple of months younger than Ella so they enjoyed playing together. He's a cutie but definitely all boy. I don't know if Ella knew quite what to think of him, but later she told Nana he was her friend.
Amy is gorgeous. Here she is with her husband and little boy.

Ella and Gavin both enjoyed playing on this little horse

Bubbles for the kids



Amy and Gavin

Ella playing dress up with the Snow White costume Grandma C sent. She loves it and wore it all day the first day she got it.

Now for pictures of my sister's visit.

My beautiful niece, Lauren, with nana and Ella

Janet, Mike, Thomas, Lauren, and Ella at Effie's, our local ice cream hot spot.

Ella "helping" Lauren bake a cake

I didn't include this earlier in my Utah post but this is my very close friend, Tamy (left) and her sister and mom. Tamy and I have been life long friends and it was so wonderful seeing her and her mom and sister while I was there. She just had a little boy earlier this week. Congrats!
No comments:
Post a Comment