Sunday, December 25, 2011

Santa Baby~ Christmas 2011

Calderwood Family photo, Christmas morning
2011

Church was at 9 on Christmas morning, making the whole gift opening thing a bit tricky, but we just had the girls see their big Santa gift (unwrapped and waiting by the tree), and then we held off on the rest until after church and a short nap for Amelia.
Amelia enjoyed Christmas but she didn't quite get what was going on. She was happy all the same. She got big jumbo legos as she loves putting things together and especially loves pulling the blocks in and out of the bag.

Shaun got a motorcycle, a sweater, and a beautiful scrapbook of his mission memories that his sister put together. Must have taken her a ton of time, and it was absolutely beautiful! I swear the Calderwood family has more talent in their little pinkies than I do in my whole body.
Amelia got a kitty that purrs from Grandma and Grandpa. She loved it and giggled every time it moved or made noise.
Steph gave me a beautiful scarf!
Ella got more fun Repunzel pieces from Grandma and Grandpa C.
Ella and Amelia both got beautiful hair bows, but Amelia was more interested in the m&m's in her stocking.
Ella and Amelia both got poodle purses from their great grandma and grandpa Calderwood.
See, I told you Shaun got a motorcycle:-) And that is the ONLY motorcycle I will get for him.

Ella got the big tower from Santa, and the singing and glowing Repunzel doll to go with it. She said Santa did a pretty good job this year. Her favorite presents ever!
So it was a fun and whimsical Christmas day!

We enjoyed talking with family and having nana and papa there to open gifts. And I especially enjoyed getting to go to Church Christmas morning and focus on the true meaning of Christmas, surrounded by family and friends. The gift of our Savior's birth, life, infinite atonement, and resurrection mean more to me than anything. I'm so grateful that because of his humble birth and life to follow, I can be with my family eternally. I'm grateful I can repent, I'm grateful I can start again and have a re-birth so to speak every time I partake of the sacrament. I'm grateful for new beginnings, excited for the New Year ahead of us and all it will bring.

1 comment:

a little chat with pat said...

Thank you dear daughter-in-law for posting. It warms my heart to see you all there and what you are doing. Looks like it was a nice Christmas, we sure missed you all.