Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cousins, then and now

With all this talk of cousins, I thought it would be nice to pay a little tribute to my own cousins, not just Ella's and Amelia's.  That seems to be very fitting because in the last week or two, I've been able to have mini reunions with some of my favorite cousins on both my mom's and dad's side of the family.

For the 4th of July, my beautiful cousin Amy (short for Amelia) came up to visit with her husband and two cute kids similar in age to my own.  We had a nice visit and I couldn't help but pull up old photos of reunions and compare then and now.  I think we were pretty dang cute then, but even now Miss Amy is gorgeous with that thick red hair.  If you met her you'd see her personality is just as beautiful!  I'm so fortunate to have her for a cousin!

Here we are with my mom and our daughters, 2012

 Amy with her Lyla and my Amelia


And here we are circa 1983-84 at one of the family reunions.  Amy's dad, my uncle Ed, is in the background.  And of course that's my mom giving us the look of... disapproval?  Not sure.  But we were cute no matter how you slice it, eh?




And the yummy fruit and berry parfait I made for the 4th!  Thank you Pinterest for the recipe!




Then this past weekend I got to visit with my cousins, Michael and Randy, on my dad's side of the family.  No matter how much they teased me growing up, they have turned out to be top notch guys with beautiful families.  Here we are in the 1980's, along with my brother and our other cousin, Larry.

And here we are in 2004 at one of the family reunions in Floyd, VA.


And again, most recently this past week, with our spouses and children.  It would have been fun to have John Paul there too, just like old times, minus the teasing... or maybe not.


So love to my cousins!  You all are dear to my heart and always will be:)

No comments: