Sunday, October 28, 2012

October Happenings

October has been a fun month for the Calderwoods.

More than ever, I just love and adore being a mom, while at the same time feeling completely overwhelmed and inadequate.  I suppose that is Motherhood in a nutshell.

This photo is actually old, but I wanted to include it because I actually liked it of me, which is rare.
 It's fun to see my little girls become such good friends.  They are so very different, and their personalities really compliment one another.
 Ella continues to be very intense.  She's learning by leaps and bounds, and has started putting letters together to spell words, all on her own.
 Amelia is happy and fun loving.  She has so much to say, and it's pretty adorable to hear her talk, ramble, sing, play.  She's about as cute as cute can get.  In my unbiased opinion, she's the most adorable two year old ever!
 Ella's been excited about being a "real cowgirl."  She got boots and a cowgirl hat, and plans to dress up for Halloween.  She tells me this is for real though.  She will be a cowgirl when she grows up.
 Nana and papa took her to visit the horse down the street.  She fed him apples.  She thought she might get to ride him, but was still happy to spend time with him, ride or not.
 Bound and determined to get on his back...
 Amelia was more comfortable visiting the horse from the comfort of Papa's arms.  No fence climbing for her.  While she's more easy going and laid back, she's not quite as fearless as Ella (a little like Shaun and I- me being more like Amelia)
 Ella feeding the horse some apples.  I think he'd already snatched it at this point.
 I think he welcomes her return... as long as apples are in hand.

 The girls have been enjoying time with their nana and papa when Shaun and I are working.  Here they are with papa this morning before church.  Ella was performing in the primary program today, an extra special Sunday for her.

 Well, at least one of them was looking at the camera
My beauty queens with their adoring papa.

More to come on trick or treating, if we can get around to it with this hurricane coming.  We are ready to hunker down the next couple of days while Hurricane Sandy makes its way this direction.  Already schools and government are closed, so we'll enjoy some nesting time indoors I suppose and see how Halloween plays out.

No comments: