We LOVED our vacation to the beach, despite the fact that we were there catching the after effects of a tropical storm. Yep, not a single ray of sun was seen this past week, but we had fun despite the weather. We had a great place to stay in with it's own full kitchen and separate bedroom. We had a balcony overlooking the four pools, all of of which were heated and glorious even in the rain. Two of the four were hot tub warm and I will fully admit that's where I spent most of my time. The other two pools they kept at a comfortable 84 degrees, so the girls enjoyed playing in those.
We arrived on Tuesday, which also happened to be our 9th anniversary. We celebrated by going out to dinner at one of the local seafood restaurants, Bubba's, which was actually quite nice. Of course the girls were with us, but we were so happy to have our vacation ahead of us, and it was a nice way to celebrate nine years together, especially since on our honeymoon we also went to the beach (although the weather that year was PERFECT). One of the best parts of the trip was snuggling up and watching movies after we put the girls to bed every night.
Shaun in the I-max theater... ready for his Under the Sea adventure!
NERD!
My cute family!
The crocodile that tried to eat my children.
Thursday the weather was a little better. Overcast and windy, but no rain. So we decided to enjoy walks on the beach and more swimming in the pool. We even rented one of those four person bikes and rode it on the boardwalk. Let me tell you, harder than it looks! But the girls LOVED it.
Just look at this handsome man I've been married to for nine years! He's a keeper:)
These two are keepers too. I'm so blessed.
By Wednesday evening we saw some patches of clear sky, but they never lasted more than a minute or two.
In our condo the girls enjoyed the big jetted Jacuzzis.
Friday it appeared the weather wasn't going to let up, so after checking out we decided to head home via Jamestown. Shaun and I had gone many years ago and we really enjoyed it, so we thought the girls would love seeing all of the live exhibits Jamestown has to offer.
The girls really enjoyed seeing all of the exhibits, but they liked the boats the best.
What a beautiful family I have!
So life tried to give us lemons with a government shut down and crummy weather, but we decided to make some pretty sweet lemonade I'd say! I'm so grateful for all of our blessings, and I'm most especially grateful for my beautiful family.

















No comments:
Post a Comment