Friday, August 28, 2015

It's great to be 5!



Our Amelia begged to spend her birthday at Chuck E. Cheese this year, and really it's a great place to have a birthday.  The kids have so much fun playing all of the games, and I'm not exhausted trying to plan an over the top party that seems to be the rage these days (and after doing a few of those myself I'm all about keeping it simple).  All of the kids had a great time, the adults did too.  And my sweet beautiful Amelia had the best time of all!

... except for maybe this guy, who thought he was big enough for some of the games:)




Amelia was very specific in her request for a cake.  It had to be "Frozen", and it had to have Elsa, Anna, and Olaf.  So this is another one of those things I like to keep simple.  I either make it myself (and I mean just a box cake and none of this crazy pinterest stuff people do), or a cake from Wal-Mart like the one below.  The kids LOVED it!  That's all that matters.
Alex on the carousel
The birthday girl, sassy and smart!



It's present time!




So that was Amelia's 5th birthday!  She loved it.  We loved it!  It was simple and sweet.  We love this sweet girl with all of our hearts.  She is such a huge blessing in our lives.  She is very helpful to her mommy who is often overwhelmed.  She is the extra set of hands I often need.  She always wants to be helpful and she is kind and compassionate.  She has brought me so much hope since the day she was born.  She is a joy in our lives!  Thank you Heavenly Father for entrusting this precious daughter into our care.  She teaches me every day about love and giving.  I don't know what I'd do without her!

No comments: