Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My new babysitter

Ella swinging on the back deck today
Ella in her monogrammed shirt

Ella this morning... her happiest times are at 7am

Well, the day has finally come! Sad as it is, I have returned to work. As I've said, my job is pretty good, but it's still a job all said and done. Today in the middle of a long meeting I found my thoughts drifting to my little girl and wondering what we'd be doing if I were home... going for a walk on this gorgeous day? taking a nappee noo together? changing a poopee? Aaaahh... I miss her (maybe not the poopees). So I called her babysitter to see how she was doing, and he informed me they were sitting out on the deck together. She was swinging happily in her broken swing that he had moved outside just to have such a moment, and he was studying dutifully for his finals with his laptop in hand. I was relieved to hear he was not holding her above his head with one hand doing the superman move as I'd seen him do before. I was happy to hear they were having a good time together. Yes, my babysitter is doing a pretty good job so far, and the best part is I dont have to pay him:)



He even got a smile out of her this morning. I guess if I have to leave her, leaving her with her daddy isn't such a bad back up plan!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

So adorable!

a little chat with pat said...

ELLA!!!! Wow, she is growing in the few short weeks we were there. Thanks so much for the new "morning" pictures, I love them. Keep 'em coming. As for the superman thing...shaun,you'd better not! Seriously, thanks for being such good parents to that little angel.

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

So cute! what a good papa! One of those is invaluble! Peter's monogram spells out pBj (peanutbutter and jelly!)
You will never be able to truly completly focus on your job ever again. I know I can't.

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness she is the cutest thing. I cannot wait to see her in August. I am so glad that you are comming here.