Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weight Watchers and Me

I never thought I'd be the type to blog about weight loss.  For me this has always been a personal battle-- like if I don't talk about it people wont know that I want to lose 30 pounds, and if they don't know then they wont think I need to.   Sounds pretty silly when I actually write it out, but nonetheless for the last fifteen years this has been my rationale.  I'm finally realizing that to be successful I may just need support.  And to get support you actually have to talk about it.  The funny thing is most people I know are on diets, so why not support one another?  Well, I just joined weight watchers this month.  After personal trainers and other more expensive plans, I thought I'd give this one a try, especially after seeing it be a successful option for my sister and sister-in-law.  Already I've lost four pounds in the past month... just twenty-six to go!  It may be a slow process, but I'm okay with that.  Just four pounds from now I'll be back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and then it's back to that constant goal of twenty!  One step at a time, right?  

By keeping my friends and family posted, I think it will create another source of motivation.  After all, I'd really hate to be blogging come Christmas and report that no progress has been made.  By talking about it, I'm making changes!

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

keep up the good work! i'm rooting for you.

Haley Marie Tolzmann said...

Sister... I think that you have a lot of will power and drive and you will do wonderful at this! 4 lbs already, that's pretty exciting! Keep your head up and just know that we all love you no matter what you look like! :)

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

You go girl! I am right there with you. I have just begun a fat free life style...more about that later.

Friendofflash said...

YEAH! 4 pounds is a big deal. Especially when by eating like I did at Haley's wedding I think I put that much back on in a week. I am getting serious about eating right TOMORROW. I was 5 pounds from my goal and lost interest. So We do need each other and we do need to support one another. It is a life change. Kiss that baby. Love ya and missed you this past weekend..but on the flip side. You would have to have had iron will cuz we ate like crazy.

a little chat with pat said...

What do you mean "Friend of Flash" we ATE like crazy....I'm STILL eating like crazy. There's something in me that can't throw out all the yummy leftovers. Hey, the pasta salad is gone, the berries for the tarts are finally gone, (hence, no more tart temptation) pulled pork - gone, a little chili left...eating today and sad to say dad and I finished up the pumpkin rolls last night! Becky, I'm proud of you for your determination, you'll make it. I think we're all on the same weight train. Choo choo