Saturday, September 12, 2009

Girls Trip 2010- NYC or Bust!

I had no idea that when we planned our rather spontaneous girls trip to London in 2004 that we would be starting a yearly tradition of adventures! Since that time we've gone to Katie's beach house, Charlotte NC to visit Becca, Phillie to visit Kristin, and now NEW YORK CITY! Who knows where future adventures will take us, but we definitely enjoy this yearly retreat to catch up and remember the value of good friendships!

Again, these photos are backwards in order because I'm a goof when it comes to downloading them but you get the point. We ended our trip with a carriage ride through Central Park. We had a great carriage driver who gave us the inside scoop on the Park's history. He owns and directs his own carriage rides through the park just like his father before him. It was a wonderful way to end our journey!

Here we are just beginning our tour.
Prior to Central Park, a must do on our trip was visiting the Statue of Liberty. We knew it would eat up several hours but we really enjoyed getting a close look at Lady Liberty. In future trips we hope to have more time to spend at Ellis Island. Here's Katie at the Statue looking back at a view of the city.
Katie and I had both been to the Statue of Liberty but it had been over twenty years for both of us, meaning we weren't really old enough to appreciate it.
Kristin on the ferry to the Statue of Liberty.
I'm rather impressed with my photo abilities on this one below. Pretty great!
We really enjoyed the ferry ride and the time to take in the views.

Katie just had to take advantage of this o' so touristy moment. Classic!
Walking to Battery Park from Greenwich Village Sunday morning
Enjoying breakfast in Greenwich Village

TIME SQUARE after seeing WICKED. Kristin just had to go into the Hershey store since she said it smelled of happiness.
A tribute to our first girls trip in London and seeing Mama Mia! O' the memories.
Time Square
On our way to the play
We ate at this restaurant right by the Gershwin Theatre, Azalea's. I had the best Salmon and the other girls got some great pasta dishes.
Ready for Wicked!
Our hotel room. We got a newly remodeled Holiday Inn in Mid-town. It was a nice convenient location... only a few blocks from Penn Station.
Taking in the New Jersey Transit... our primary mode of transportation to get to the City. However, I wouldn't recommend it, not if you have a long distance to go. What would have been a five hour drive turned into an eight hour trip. Oh well, still gave us lots of time for good bonding.
Becca and Kristin waiting at the train station in Phillie.
So another adventure for the books! Thanks girls for the wonderful memories and for reminding me of how friendships can be the crowning jewels in life.

See you in 2010~ Boston??? The Beach??? Who knows, but I do know it will be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super fun, girls trips are the best...not that I do them very often, but I know they would be great! :-)

For next year come to Hawaii with me, I am trying to plan a girls trip there, we will see who actually comes.

Becca said...

NYC was awesome! I already can't wait for our next girls trip! I so need copies of all those great pictures you took! You did a beautiful job with those statue of liberty photos! Love ya!