Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lake Powell Family Reunion 2010

The Calderwoods decided to reunite this year at Lake Powell in Southern Utah. It was a great opportunity to not only be with family but visit with long missed friends from the ol' BYU days and before. This post will mostly consist of photos just because there are so many. We had a really nice time. I think next time I'll re-think being 7 1/2 months pregnant and going on a house boat (unless it has AC) but it was still worth it all said and done. Ella had a wonderful time and was the hit of the reunion. She was great on the plane and loved visiting with all of her aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course grandma and grandpa C. They quickly learned of her tenacity and vivacious personality. We wouldn't trade her for anything, but we also decided leaving the life jacket on at all times was probably in her best interest. The house boat was baby proof, but not necessarily "Ella proof." Other than some really bad motion sickness the first day on the boat and a horrible flight home (three connections, one cancelled flight, and they lost my bags to top it off), I really enjoyed the trip. One of the best parts of a trip though is the perspective and appreciation it gives you for "home." I'm so grateful to be home. No airplanes for me for a while, but I do look forward to future Calderwood ventures. I'm still routing for a cruise next time (when I'm not pregnant).






Beautiful Lake Powell- this is the view from where we docked for the week. Below photos of all the grandkids and family photos on the boat.























































































































We enjoyed (and I use "we" loosely as many of the activities were not suited towards my present preggo condition) skiing, cliff jumping, tubing, swimming, eating, visiting, and just being together. Shaun jumped off a fifty foot cliff with his dad, we did a short hike to some Indian caves and Ella and her cousin Madison enjoyed exploring them. Ella couldn't get enough tubing with her dad and grandpa by her side. It was definitely a nice trip and I'm sure hard for Shaun to say goodbye to his family when all was said and done. I hope it's not too long before we're reunited again.

2 comments:

tawnie said...

Oh my gosh- Ella is such a cutie patootie! I bet she was just loving all the family, and I'm sure they adored her! I am so impressed with you Rebecca- you are amazing! What a trip when you were so pregnant- I am so glad you had a good time. We can't wait to see you again!!!! :)

a little chat with pat said...

You have some really good pictures, will you make me a CD and I will send you a CD with steph, Haley, and My pictures??? You were really brave (or dumb) for coming. But we are so glad you did and we were all together. It was a lot of fun, but I agree on the cruise for next time. It was heaven to be with all my babies, yes, you and Shaun are part of my babies. I'm sooo sorry about the return flight. I HATE flying. You never know if you are going to get unlucky and have airline trouble. I will call you for all the updates.