Sunday, December 12, 2010

A weekend with the Bonacci's

We enjoyed a fun and festive weekend with our dear friends, Kristin and Matt. Matt just accepted a job in Stanton, VA, so they came down to house hunt from New Jersey. We're so glad they'll be joining us in VA again. Stanton's not too far so Kristin and I hope to have monthly get togethers with our kids.

Ella and I at Gum Drop Square. Taken on my phone so not great quality.
Kristin and Matt before the hay ride

This weekend we enjoyed Gum Drop Square in Old Town Warrenton... cutest thing ever. Old Town is so quaint. There was a dance company performing the Nutcracker in front of the court house (Ella joined in briefly before I realized she had slipped away from me), there was a live Nativity, and a horse drawn hay ride around the town that we enjoyed (all activities were free of charge). Santa was there too but the line to see him was out the door and Ella's already told him her wish list (they're engaged, remember?) so we didn't stay for that. All the shops stayed open and their window displays were lit with beautiful trees and decorations. It was a very picturesque small town Christmas scene. Even though I grew up in this lovely little town, this was my first time visiting gum drop square. It definitely wont be the last. I love taking advantage of local entertainment and supporting my community.


Our home is also feeling a lot like Christmas. This year Shaun won and we went with colored lights. Turned out pretty cute though. We also have a new rug since Ella's little "egg" incident.
The girls and I this morning before church in pink.

No comments: