Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Myrtle Beach 2011

July has been a wonderful and busy month, filled with all the things one thinks of when they think of summer... trips to the pool, beach trips, celebrations with friends on the 4th of July! Our most recent adventure took us to South Carolina, a Williams family beach tradition since before my coming to grace the family back in the early 70's. This year we went with Nana and Papa and cousin Jackie to North Myrtle Beach. The only downside was missing all of our other family who couldn't be with us. But it was Ella and Lil' A's first official beach trip, and they had a great time. I think they also ended up being everyone's entertainment!
I made photo collages simply because I had so many photos I wanted to post. We stayed in a beach front condo with a pool. Our beach neighbors enjoyed creating a new sand sculpture every day. They ranged from sunglasses to turtles to flip flops. Ella enjoyed watching the family build their creations, and the girls enjoyed the pool, the ocean, and sometimes the sand.

Early morning photos of my girls in white.


Below, Ella and Papa have a "moment" out by the water after dinner.

We went out to dinner, took Jackie to see the last Harry Potter (they had to fill me in on the way to the theatre since I hadn't seen the last four movies). We took Jackie parasailing and out for mini golf, but mostly we just enjoyed the beach.
Below, check out the stud of a husband of mine looking so cute in his sunglasses.
Ella in the evening enjoying the waves and sand.
I hope the beach is a tradition my own little family can continue, though I wouldn't mind going to a less well known beach, a little more secluded. But I'm grateful for family traditions, and spending time with the people that mean the most to me! Myrtle Beach 2011 will always hold special memories.

No comments: