THEN and NOW:
A dear friend from high school, John McCann, came to visit me last Friday. He and I go way back and have many fond memories together not only from high school, but from college days and visits to see him in DC after I moved back home after school. John and I are a classic pair. He is a wonderful person and it was so nice to catch up and hear what he's up to in the fast paced world of San Francisco. He got to meet my girls and visit with the folks before heading back into the city where he was staying. Thanks for taking time to come see us John! We love you Skippy!!
And just for the fun of it, a picture of the two of us at homecoming our Junior year of high school (1995). He was always a good friend, and that year he was my homecoming date! We were such cheeses.
FRIENDS:
My friend, Emily, and I attended a wedding at the Marriott Ranch. It was a gorgeous wedding. I missed having Shaun with me but he stayed home with the kids and I got to enjoy time with a girlfriend. It was a lovely evening!
OTHER ADVENTURES:
Just a few pics of our first vacation away from the kids this past weekend! Shaun and I went to Virginia Beach to enjoy a little R&R. People say when you go somewhere with your children it's a trip, fun but never relaxing. When you go somewhere as a couple, it can be a true vacation! And this was. Only two nights, but how blissful they were. Packing only for us, sitting TOGETHER in the hot tub and not taking turns, eating at nice restaurants without worrying about food being thrown across the room or worrying where the crayons went, and enjoying quality time together. It was truly rejuvenating! We slept in, we ate yummy food, we sat by the pool, we did all the things we haven't been able to do very easily in the last four years!
More photos to come later, but this is just a preview of the good times we had:) Aaah!






No comments:
Post a Comment