Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What we've been up to

Since I've been a bit on the negligent side in regards to blogging, I thought I'd take some time to update what the Calderwoods have been up to.

1.  Grandma C has come to spend the last three weeks with us and we get to have her one more week before she heads home.  She's been helping us out since my parents have been gone on their cruise to Spain.  It's been so wonderful having her here.  Hopefully she feels the same.  She spends her days playing make believe with Ella and Amelia and the girls just love her.  I feel like they have really been able to bond over this visit (maybe too much).  The girls have missed their nana and papa, but it's been nice for them to have special time with their other grandma.

2.  Amelia got tubes in her ears.  She had fluid that wouldn't drain and apparently she inherited her ear canals from me.  My gustation tubes were also shaped in such a way they collected fluid and I needed tubes.  So poor little miss had surgery last week.  You wouldn't know it by how quickly she bounced back.  And she's always talking but maybe now her words may be clearer.

3.  We took the girls to the National Zoo last weekend.  We had a wonderful time seeing all of the animals and the girls were really quite good.  Ella sorta melted down the last half hour, a sure sign it was time to leave, but other than that it was great!

4.  Shaun has been at his new job for three weeks now.  He is very excited to be on his way in his career. He's hopeful this is a stepping stone to bigger and better things and is anxious to do his best and exceed their expectations.  The only downside is he's up at 4:30am and needs to be in bed when Ella's going down.  It's hard on him because of course he'd like more time to unwind, but then he pays for it in sleep deprivation.  All in all though it's completely worth it.  We are very grateful things have finally come together.  Now it's just a matter of getting ourselves ready financially to get a home of our own.  That's my hope for one year from this moment.

5.  I've continued to work at losing weight.  With family visiting I have been less than stellar.  My new goal while grandma visits is to maintain.  I think I've almost managed to do that.  I'm at 20 pounds lost and want to double that by summer's end.  Thank goodness for good classes at the gym.

6.  Grandma's been sharing recipes with me and I've been working on making better meals for all of us.  With her help it's much easier.  I could use Grandma here all of the time, but we're looking forward to seeing Nana and Papa next week, and hearing about their adventures.

Pictures of our adventures with Grandma coming soon...


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a wonderful spring. Congratulations to Shaun on the new job!