Friday, July 3, 2015
Mount Vernon- a 1st grade field trip adventure!
I was able to help chaperone Ella's field trip to Mount Vernon in May. I was a little excited because I'm a nerd and I love history. We took Ella to Mount Vernon when she was just a baby and I hadn't been back since, so I was looking forward to it... even if it was going to be with 100 first graders. The good news, I was only responsible for four of them. The bad news, my daughter was the worst behaved. I even lost her at one point. Sheesh! What kind of chaperone am I? But Ella is very independent and unfortunately feels rules don't necessarily apply to her. She'd be the one going in the complete opposite direction of the rest of the group. While I admire her independence and strong willed nature, it can become troublesome while chaperoning her and her classmates. Needless to say we had some talks about her being a better listener. Anyway, despite some of the struggles keeping my own daughter with the group, it was really a nice day. I enjoyed spending time with Ella and I think it made her feel extra special to have me there with her. Her classmates were super sweet, although I never thought first graders would complain so much about the heat. Sheesh you're 7 so suck it up! It was nice though. I love my little girl who's growing up entirely too quickly. All in all a great day spent together at Mr. Washington's home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment