So it's been an exciting Spring for us this year! In May, we celebrated Amelia's preschool graduation from Teens and Tots. She's headed for Kindergarten next year, and boy o' boy is she ready! My social butterfly wants to have play dates every day. She is loved by all and she even has a few boys that ask to play with her all the time (it's already begun... uh, oh). Not only is she beautiful, fun, and super sweet, but she's smart as a whip. She gets concepts quickly and she will do wonderful in Kindergarten. I just know it! Now we just have to get through the summer with her asking me every day when Kindergarten will start. She's so excited!
The weekend of her graduation was also my 36th birthday. Yikes! When did that happen? Shaun and I went out to dinner. Gone are the days of my month long celebrations. In fact, I still forget I'm 36 now and I have to literally sit down and do the mental math in my head. I'm just 30-something. Somewhere in the middle of children, responsibilities at home, and full time work there is a girl in there who loves to have fun, take photos, travel... Sometimes I remember her too, but it's less than often these days. That's how the 30's have been for me, and that's okay. I think that's just how it's supposed to be, so we can learn to be more selfless, more focused on others. Not that a little time to remember me isn't crucial, but it's okay to give a little of that up to focus on this family of mine amongst other things. This is also why I have gotten progressively worse at blogging. It's still important to me because it's our family's history, but it's hard to find the time for extras this day and age. A busy baby, a bossy 7-year old who thinks she's way smarter than everyone, and a social 4-year old who wants me to spend any spare moment I have playing board games with her, leaves me... well, leaves me without any time.


No comments:
Post a Comment