Alphabet Soup Meme
A. Attached or Single?Married. It's hard to believe it will have been four years this October! Yeah for married life:>
B. Best Friend? Oooh, I love best friends. Considering I had ten (that's right, TEN) bridesmaids. I'd say they all count (Veeda, Grace, Tamy, Jeni, Marilyn, Kristin, Becca, Katie, and Heather), and then tack on my sisters and mom.
C. Cake or pie? Hmm, lately I've found myself craving apple pie a la mode. But I have to admit, that's more for the crust than the apple filling, so I'd have to say my final answer is cake. Moist and delicious, but not so nutritious. Make mine chocolate and put some sort of yummy filling in it and I'm sold!
D. Day of choice? Let's see, prior to married life my favorite day was Thursdays because that's when I'd see all of my friends at institute. Now... now I'd say my favorite day is any day Ella sleeps in and I don't have to work.
E. Essential item? Probably my cleaning supplies. I am a fan of cleanliness. My chap stick would be a close second.
G. Gummy bears or worms? Neither really. I'm not such a fan of candies unless they involve chocolate. Twizzlers are an exception.
H. Home town? Why, Warrenton, VA of course. Maybe one of these days I'll actually leave my home town too. Who knows? Though I've always loved this little town, I do look forward to seeing what else the world could hold for our little fam.
I. Favorite indulgence? Sleep, staying up late talking to friends and family, and chocolate. I'm trying to avoid the third these days so I've listed them in order of appearance (or frequency in which they occur)
J. January or July? Seriously, why is this a question? Do people ever choose January? That's such a doldrome month for me. July may be hot, but it's exciting and fun! Though truly my favorite months are December, May, and October! Yeah for Spring, Fall, and Christmas is what I say!
K. Kids? Yes, one little girl who at the ripe age of five months is already very expressive in her personality. Miss Ella has captured my heart and everyone else within a five mile radius... or maybe that's just my opinion.
M. Marriage date? 10/8/04
N. Number of brothers and sisters? two sisters, one brother... I love 'em all. We're all so different, but I enjoy each of them for different reasons. As I have gotten older they have become my closest friends.
O. Oranges or Apples? Tuff to say. Most likely oranges, but it's a mood thing.
P. Phobias? Drowing (not due to lack of being able to swim but because I'm trapped in a vessel and it's filling with water) Needless to say, Titanic was very disturbing to me, not to mention I had to pee through the whole last hour. I thought that movie would never end, and the gushing water noises didn't help any.
Q. Quotes? Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." and "No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
R. Reasons to smile? Ella's belly laugh, cuddling with Shaun, driving with the sunroof down on a glorious day listening to great music (and driving through scenic Virginia), thinking of good times with friends, realizing you have a lot to be grateful for!
S. Season of choice. Fall, Spring, Christmas--though I've come to realize it's more about the preparation for Christmas than the actual day. I love the Season for all it represents, not to mention Christmas music is the best... no, I've never worked retail during the holidays. Plus, who doesn't love decorating Christmas trees while Bing Crosby sings in the background:)
T. Tag 5 people. Umm, whoever wants to go for it!
U. Unknown fact about me? Most people are probably aware of my strategically located scar I obtained upon falling into the dishwasher on a butcher knife at age seven. If you weren't aware, consider yourself educated. Though I will leave the location a secret. After all, strangers read these blogs.
V. Vegetable? Asparagus when cooked just the right way. I also love a really nice crunchy green bean. And squash is quite nice too.
W. Worst habit? Only one, I have so many. Probably that I am a compulsive cleaner. I can't go to bed at night unless my house is in order. This does not always go over well with Shaun. I can be a bit anal.
X. Xray or Ultrasound? Ultrasound. Did I not just have a baby?
Y. Your favorite food? Grace's answer to this question was classic. As for me, my favorite foods are a good fudgey brownie and the typical thanksgiving day foods. I love stuffing, turkey, and cranberry sauce. But I only like the cranberry sauce from the can... just like mom used to make:>
Z. Zodiac sign? Taurus, and yes, I'm stubborn and bull headed. I like getting what I want, and when it's important I don't back down.
1 comment:
Ok several comments :)
Re: E - I will never forget your love of Windex and the fateful birthday gift that burst and ended up in a mason jar. Ahh, the memories.
Re: Q - apparently we are both big fans of good old Eleanor!
RE: U - do you have any idea how hard it is for me to NOT tell this story to everyone? My enjoyment of the tale has never faded. I'm sick, I know.
Re: Y - Thanksgiving dinner for you, McDonalds for me. :) Reminds me of high school. Though my tastes have changed significantly and McDonalds is no longer tempting. Thank goodness for small favors!
Post a Comment