Saturday, July 26, 2008

July in review

Okay, so I know July is not officially over, but one has to take advantage of time to blog when one's baby is napping. I was just downloading our photos from this month and thought it best to do a review of the month in photos. After all, it has been a very busy month, full of lots of new adventures for us and our little girl. I'm not so technically savvy, so we'll work backwards in time, mostly because I don't know how to rearrange my pictures to work from the beginning to the end of the month.


My sister, Janet, and her two children Lauren and Thomas are in town right now. We've had a lot of fun visiting with them, and yesterday I was able to take Thomas and Janet into Washington D.C. Luckily, Nana and Lauren stuck around to watch Ella at home. I don't think she would have been as into the walking and museums as we were. After a day of sightseeing, we met up with the rest of the family for dinner and really enjoyed our time together.
Thomas in front of the capital. He's great fun, even if he did call my daughter Peanut Earl.


In mid-July, we were able to take some of our friends with us to Smith Mountain Lake. Mug (nickname), who just turned two, loved the boat!

Chris and Melissa also joined us. This was their second time coming with us to the lake and hopefully it wont be the last. They are so much fun to be with, easy going and entertaining.
Ella enjoyed the water too. It seemed to calm her down and even put her to sleep. I guess she liked the rocking, and the sun wore her out. And of course she looks fantastic sporting her sun glasses and rosy cheeks!
Another fun adventure that was a first for Ella as well as me was the National Zoo. Although it was pretty hot so we stayed indoors as much as we could, which meant we saw the spiders and the snakes instead of the monkeys and the elephants. We'll definitely have to try that trip again when it's about twenty degrees cooler, and Ella can remember it! But we enjoyed being with my friend and her family. They were celebrating their daughter's birthday. I think you can see the beads of sweat on all of us in this photo.

The adventures aren't over yet. We'll be going back to the lake and to a family reunion next weekend. It will be Ella's first time meeting great aunts and uncles, and is sure to be a fun event! We'll keep you posted with photos and updates.

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

your hair looks so cute in the pic with you and janet. have you cut it shorter?

looks like it's been a fun month!

WrayLynn said...

I'm jealous! I wish we could be there with you. Becky, you look good and Ella is so cute.

Anonymous said...

So fun I want to come out! I couldn't believe how old Janets kids looked. Was it really that long agao we sang Thomas funny little songs?

How is Chris doing, another person I haven't seen for a while?

a little chat with pat said...

WELL----torture me!!!!!!! Shouldn't I be holding Ella C.? When I look at her it's like looking back in time. I can't wait to see you all at Steph's but then I will have to share and I don't do that well.... I will call you about the plans. This is turning out to be a family reunion thanks to your coming, otherwise we probably wouldn't be going now, so Yeaaa. Haley and Jason want to come if they can get work off too. I want to take a family picture. We'll talk about food and plans later.