Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Lot to Be Thankful For

The Calderwood Chronicle would like to report that they had the most lovely Thanksgiving Holiday.  Beyond the smell of turkey filling the air, and tastes of turkey and other yummies filling our bellies, we had the luxury of spending this Holiday with many good family members and friends.  Shaun's dad came to spend some time with us and fixed our car so now it is in tip top shape.  Ella warmed up to him quickly and especially enjoyed his quirky donald duck voice.  We hated to see him go Friday morning but were impressed he'd already made it back to Salt Lake by Saturday night.  That guy can drive forever!
Our Thanksgiving Feast complete with family and friends

Ella getting ready to enjoy her first Thanksgiving

Ella watching Daddy and Grandpa C make pancakes!

Ella with Grandpa C and Papa W

More pancake watching

Ella with her nana and papa on Turkey Day!

Shaun's friends from high school also came to be with us.  I was immediately endeared to them and their little girl, Elianna, who is not even one month older than Ella.  They just left this morning and we're already already planning when we can head to North Carolina to meet up with them again.  We hope soon!

Yesterday we went to Mount Vernon together and had such a wonderful visit.  Here are some photos of our visit there.
This is the view from General Washington's backyard of the Potomac.  No wonder he wanted to return to Mount Vernon after two terms in office.  His land was gorgeous!
The back view of Mount Vernon

West Family photos


Calderwood Family Photo on the Mount Vernon lawn

Ella being a goober

Ella and I waiting for the house tour

The daddy's and the babies

Front View of Mount Vernon

We also enjoyed time around the house and going to the park.  Last night we had a get together with old friends and I think it's our first get together in over two years that consisted of more than six people.  More pictures of that to come.  For now I'll just post some of our hanging out photos.


And here's Ella at the park.  Poor girl didn't make it on the swings that long before konking out.  So cute though.  We just adore her and are especially grateful this year for all of the joy she brings to our lives.



3 comments:

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

Looks like you guys had one Wonderful Thanksgiving! I wish we could have been there too:(
Those pictures of Ella in the swing are so precious! I heart her!

West Family said...

We had such a wonderful time with you guys! Thanks again for everything :) We hope you come see us soon, we already miss you!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures, especially Ella sleeping in the swing.

I always loved Mt.Vernon, maybe one day I could purchase it, or not!