Thursday, October 8, 2009

Loving Autumn


Just saying the word autumn makes me happy as images of amber gold and red leaves come to mind, hayrides and apple harvest festivals, pumpkin patches, hot apple cider, and bonfires with friends. Five years ago we decided to add another beautiful memory to the season when we decided we would marry in October. Today is our fifth wedding anniversary and as cliche as it sounds I really can't believe it's been that long. In so many ways it still feels like just the other day that we gathered together with all of the people that are so important to us and celebrated. I still go back and relive that day every once in a while. The air was crisp but not cold, the leaves were just about to change and we brought in all the reds and golds for our wedding colors and they played against a beautiful backdrop of the great outdoors. We even had fresh cider at our wedding. Sometimes I wish we could do it all over again just for fun, not that I'd really change anything, and maybe that's why I want to relive it again. It was truly a lovely day!






Happy Anniversary hubby! Here's to another five times ten and more!

4 comments:

WrayLynn said...

Happy 5th Anniversary! I hope you have a great time celebrating together.

Becca said...

Happy Anniversary! That was a beautiful day!!! Not just the weather, but the couple, the wedding ceremony and the gorgeous reception! Fun memories.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been that long...crazy! Congratulations!

a little chat with pat said...

Beautiful pictures. I need an Ella "FIX" in the worst way. Call me and we will catch up. Hope Shaun's job goes well, I am worried about the commute and Ella's baby sitting situation. But as usual, I am too far away to do anything about it. Love you!