We've enjoyed going to Smith Mountain lake every summer since my parents bought a lake condo there in 2005. This year I'm sure will be no exception. We had our first adventure there last weekend, partly to get an early start on celebrating my birthday, and partly because it just seemed a good weekend to do it. We invited our good friends, the Wests, to join us again. I would have loved to have invited a couple more friends but the condo is really only conducive to two families if that (so I'm already trying to figure out when to do the next trip and invite more of you). Anyway, we ended up having a really nice time. It was exhausting but worth the effort. I do recall at one point on the drive home telling Shaun "I will not travel again until all of my children are done with naps and diapers," and part of me thinks this is still wise. But this is most likely do to the crazy hormones of a pregnant woman, coupled by the fact that it was my not so wise idea to wean Ella off her "binkers" while on the trip. As you can imagine, this made for a very difficult journey home on Sunday. But alas, a week later she is binker free and I think it was a wise choice.
We enjoyed swimming, tubing, and visiting with Adam and Tawnie. I hope I wasn't too moody. Ella is full of energy and curiosity which can prove to be a little stressful while on a boat but I do appreciate this quality about her in general. The boys played a little tennis, the girls had a great time playing together, and the parents enjoyed late night chats and getting some much needed sun (or I did at least).
We enjoyed swimming, tubing, and visiting with Adam and Tawnie. I hope I wasn't too moody. Ella is full of energy and curiosity which can prove to be a little stressful while on a boat but I do appreciate this quality about her in general. The boys played a little tennis, the girls had a great time playing together, and the parents enjoyed late night chats and getting some much needed sun (or I did at least).
{Ella loved her "boat" and would have spent the entire trip on it if we had let her}
{Ellie also enjoyed the water despite the frigid temps of the water. The girls were braver than their parents}

{The girls and Shaun on the way to play tennis}
{The girls enjoying the hammock outside}


{Now these are some manly men}
3 comments:
I'm glad you were able to go but I FULLY sympathize with your feelings! Vacations are just not as much fun with a toddler and being pregnant.
We had a blast! Ellie still misses you guys- she asks me if we can go to Ella's house every day. BFF's in the making! You were amazing during the trip- I bet it was tougher on you than you let on. I hope you are relaxing now! Get sleep while you still can!!! Hope we see you again soon, we miss the Calderwoods already :(
I remember going to the lake with you guys. Any time with the calderwoods is fun!
Post a Comment