Monday, August 15, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have FUN!

Sing it like your Cindy Lauper loud and clear... "Girls just wanna have Fa-un"

And that's exactly what we did. Ten girlfriends from church, all of us with young children, decided it was time for a girls weekend- no kids, no babies, no husbands. We headed to the beach for a two day, one night relax fest. That's right, no stopping to change diapers, head up to the hotel for naptime, or leave the beach when your three-year old screams all of the sudden, "Mommy, I have to go potty."
I literally think I sat on the beach more in the two days we were there verses the entire week we were in South Carolina. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed our family trip, but this was fun in a different way, and yes, dare I say, a more relaxing way!
We giggled, laughed, and got the scoop on all of our husband's funny quirks (some more than we wanted to know).
We enjoyed the ocean, only to come back and share twizzlers, m&m's and other goodies.
We headed out for Mexican our first night and followed it up with a dance party in our hotel room (or lack there of). Thirty-something mothers are all talk. Most of us were too tired to actually dance but we laughed and talked some more.
Yes, it was girl bonding the way girl bonding should be done. I felt like I was single again and it was a beautiful moment. But a moment was all I needed. I was ready to come home and kiss my babies good night Saturday.
I was glad to have some time with some wonderful women and the beauty of those kind of weekends is that they make you appreciate your family, and they make you appreciate friendship, especially the friendship between women!

Thanks ladies for a lovely time! I'm already looking forward to the ladies beach trip 2012!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

what a fantastic idea! can i come next year?