It's hard to believe our little Miss is now one year. She is such a joy and delight and the perfect balance for her three year-old strong spirited sister. Amelia is mild and mellow, but she's beginning to exert some of her opinions too. She's not afraid to go after what she wants, whether it's nana's diet coke or whatever toy Ella has. She has her own spunk, but she goes about getting what she wants with a smile and a dimple. I love that kid. I love both of them. They are the joys of my life!
Nana and papa went to Texas the day before Amelia turned one so we celebrated before the left. Then we did a small cupcake for Amelia on her actual birthday. The first set of pictures was our celebration with nana and papa. Amelia blew out her candle with a little help from big sister and me.
And nana's probably whispering she'll slip her some diet coke to wash down all that chocolate... don't worry, I didn't let her.


Mmmm mmm good. There's nothing like shoveling chocolate cake into your mouth:)

The "after" shot. A little rinse off in the kitchen sink. I love the face, but I really love the hair.
And here she is with her cupcake (Ella helped me make them and chose the pink frosting) on her actual birthday. Too much celebrating for one? Never. We make birthdays an event around here. Why not start at one?

She enjoyed the cupcake just as much I think. We just took her shirt off before to be safe.

So happy birthday beautiful girl! We love you oodles and oodles and we are so glad you came to join our family.
PS: Amelia's one year check up stats- 50th percentile weight @21 lbs, 25th percentile height. Two top teeth and two bottom teeth. Healthy and crawling all over the place, pulling herself up, babbling, drooley, and happy


3 comments:
Hope u don't mind me reading your blog! I saw the link on FB! Your girls are so precious!
Happy Birthday Amelia!!! How cow, that went fast!!!She looks beautiful!!!!!! I LOVE EXCLAIMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
My heart is just hurting watching those two angels from FAR AWAY!!! But I can't help but wear a huge grin at the two of them. Wow, Amelia! How she has changed. What a beauty and a little Shaun I'll say. Someday we'll get reaquainted. Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment