January brought with it what we started calling "Snowmageddon" of 2016! It seems like every 5-10 years we get one of those winter storms that literally shuts everything down for a whole week (or if you work in the public schools like me you get even more time). I think we had about 3 feet but I stopped measuring when the snow fall literally came up to the door handle on my deck. Here are some fun shots of the snowfall in our neighborhood.

Another fun highlight of Snowmageddon was having daddy home throughout the storm. For so many years he did landscaping so when big storms would come he'd be out plowing, but selfishly I was very happy to have him home with us. He helped the girls build a fort in the basement that stayed up the entire week. The girls slept there, played there, and we read books and played lots of UNO under that tent.
just in case you wanted to see the snow literally coming up to the handle on our sliding door, here's the proof. It was nuts!
Shaun trying to shovel our deck after most of the snow had fallen. The snow from the deck added extra cushion for the girls when they decided to jump off the deck later.
Shaun the Yeti ready for some more shoveling outside. And the girls ready to go out and have some fun sledding.
Of course, after you've gone sledding for several hours, what is better than coming back to a nice cup of hot cocoa with whip cream and peppermint bits on top. I made this in the crockpot and it was divine. I ended up making it a few times throughout this storm.
So there you have it! 3 feet of snow, hours of outdoor entertainment to include sledding and deck jumping, many fun games of UNO, a lot of High School Musical watching, and sleeping in forts made this a snow storm to remember! That being said, as excited as I was to see the snow come, I was equally excited to see it go so we could get back to a normal life and routine. That yellow school bus was a blessed site after the end of a very long Snowmageddon hibernation at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment