Friday, August 21, 2009

A Most Colonial Family


It's hard to believe that it was only a week ago that we were touring Williamsburg. Other than that lovely Virginia humidity, the trip was absolutely wonderful. I don't know how many times I thanked Heavenly Father for AC and no longer needing to wear so many layers and gowns to my ankles. I was hot just watching the ladies around Williamsburg. But really, it was so nice to show Shaun's parents our favorite VA city. We absolutely love Williamsburg and the way history is quite literally alive in this town. Here are a few of our photos from our time there.





Ella and Grandma C playing on the bench in front of one of the colonial stores
One of the locals telling us about her chicken and his comb
Outside the cabinet makers
Ella loved the oxen

Ella enjoying some of the colonial gardens
A colonial reenactment
The weaver telling us Ella has "flaxen" colored hair
Grandma C loved the Colonial Gardens. I think she's going to make grandpa recreate them in Fallen, NV... Good Luck!
The Blacksmith
The Governor's Mansion outside gardens
More of the grounds on the Governor's palace

Ella enjoying her not so colonial candy lollipop
Too cute!

No comments: