Thursday, August 6, 2009
O' the places we will go!
Today is a major milestone in the Calderwood household. Today marks the day that Shaun is officially done with school! I actually haven't thought too much about it since now we're on to the job hunt (if anyone knows of any openings for newly graduated business majors send them our way), but it really is important to celebrate this moment in our little family's life. Shaun has been in school pretty much the entirety of our marriage so going on close to five years. We've been through countless classes ( I say we because I've helped him here or there... sometimes more than others), papers, projects, presentations, and study groups, and now we're actually finished! It's a bit surreal. I got on the computer tonight and my first thought was "what should I be helping Shaun get done?" And then an amazing thing happened. I came up blank. No research to help him do on China's latest exporting strategy, no persuasive writing papers on ethos, pathos, and logos, not even a review of Verizon vs. Apple's marketing strategies for their blackberry phones. Wow! I guess I could start looking at Monster.com for jobs... nah, some other night! Tonight I'm going to bask in the lovely light and comfort of that wonderful hubby of mine having accomplished a major goal! I'm very proud of him, because even though I did help here and there, he really did most of the work himself, and he did it well! I have every confidence in his ability to do well in the business world. We've worked very hard for this day, but really we've been working hard for what's yet to come. Please keep us in your prayers. I know many are jobless right now and it's a tough market but I am hopeful that Shaun will find something he can excel in. And when he does, as Dr. Suess puts it, "O' the places we will go!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray! Oh Beck I sooo know how you feel. I think the day David finished was the happiest day of my life, and I was pregnant with our fourth. Yikes! Congrats to you both!
Oh and Davids work is currently hiring, seriously, you guys should think about it. ;-)
Sure, is there a link you can email me? We are open to any possibilities.
Yay!!! I'm sooo excited for you guys! Take a little time a relax for a couple days before diving back into the craziness. Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment