So here's the breakdown:
1/3 of my still wants to buy. Let's not forget little Miss Decorator will be caring for not just one but TWO babies in a basement that while it looks rather nice is limited on storage and space. The pros are nana and papa are right upstairs to help and we LOVE LOVE LOVE our ward and would hate to leave it.
2/3 of me wants to stay put as long as I can go down to part-time and be home more come August when this baby comes (FYI: I haven't formally announced it via blogging but I'm expecting if you haven't gathered). That would mean more time at home and less daycare costs. I have felt very good about this choice.
100% of me wants Shaun to find a job that he feels secure with and maybe just as importantly a job that he likes. His current job has me expecting him to come home any day saying, "I got fired" or "I quit". I wont get into details but the gist is he isn't happy. We are grateful for employment in these hard times but we know it's only a matter of time that this job will last. With that being said I feel it outweighs anything I really want. It seems with this it doesn't matter what 1/3 or 2/3 of me wants. The bitter truth is we keep on keepin' on.
Let me say this. I pray everyday giving gratitude that we're healthy, that we have a comfortable home to live in, that we have been blessed to be able to have another baby, that we have employment. I try to remain grateful despite what we yet lack. I realize in light of what some of you are going through this is nothing at all and I pray for those of you by name that I know need help with something big or special. But as I look to the future I so desperately want direction for our little family. I feel stuck. Again I throw this out to the void. Will we ever get through this period? I honestly and truly feel Shaun will find success. He and I have both been promised blessings regarding our financial future but I know those blessings are predicated upon righteous living and making good choices. This time period is so critical, and yet I'm happy if I get to read a talk out of the Ensign each night. On a daily basis I try to get through making sure dishes and poopy diapers don't pile up and I try to keep Ella from drawing on the couch. I pray for patience as the terrible two's have hit though I think it's more like the "Curious constant energy two's". With such major energy put into survival and such minor energy put towards righteous living, can I really expect to be led? Am I really doing my best? I lack in so many ways.
I remember feeling like as soon as Shaun graduated our life would just take off and perhaps in different economic times it would have. He found a job fairly quickly considering and yet we were still in our same routine. I keep waiting for the big "Ahaa" moment to come to make it possible for me to be home more and work a little less? Will this moment ever come? The only way it can come is in the form of a groundbreaking job for Shaun. Oh how I pray this happens. We have few leads but until something actually comes through I don't want to get my hopes up.
I realize at this point I've lost most of you. Too much writing. But this is how I process. Forgive me for the rambling length of this post. This has become in a sense my journal so it's for me more than anything. But to those of you who bore through it thanks for taking time to hear about our little lives here. I am grateful for all we have. I don't know how the future will unfold but I do feel certain the Lord has a plan and in one way or another he will guide us. Our Iraqi friend read our tea cups and told us our hopes would be fulfilled through a tall family member so there you have it. Any tall family members want to step up and fulfill our dreams? There's only a couple of you and you know who you are. (Picture of Shaun and his dad with our Iraqi horoscope advisor and her family.)

Well, maybe not. I thank my Heavenly Father for getting us this far. I only hope and pray something can come together for us so Shaun starts to feel better about his career. Once that happens I know everything else will fall into place.
8 comments:
Congratulations on the new baby!! I know it's hard playing the waiting and wondering game, but I do know that the Lord keeps his promises. And I know you guys are doing what you're suppossed to. So, keep your chin up and keep going and one day you will have that big "ah ha", the one where you realize why it took so long, why you were where you are right now, and what a wonderful blessing that this time truly is!
Congrats on the new baby on the way! That is exciting and understandable leads to lots of questioning! The wonderful thing about your "dilemma" is that no matter what you choose, most likely you will live comfortably and will do well and your kids will most likely turn out well adjusted and happy - you have your priorities straight and are trying to do what Heavenly Father would have you do - he will make it possible for you to achieve your righteous desires! Sometimes I just can't get over how much He loves us :) (from experience, baby number two got my husband pretty motivated to pick a career path and stick with it)
Heavenly Father has been trying to teach us a lot of patience recently. Maybe he's doing the same for you! I know that something wonderful is just around the corner for you guys. Don't get to thinking too much about the future that you don't enjoy the present. Cliche, I know - but so true! Love ya!
If you consider my family your family, we have quite a few tall ones in the bunch you can borrow! :-)
I soo understand how you are feeling...it was when we were pregnant with number 4 and I thought we could not possible stay in the same place any longer, but nothing had been working out otherwise. I felt like everyone around me was "progressing" faster than we were. It was a hard time, but I knew the right thing hadn't come up yet. Now looking back I can say I know things happened when they did for a reason and I also know without a doubt that we ended up where we are supposed to be. It felt like such a long road to get here, and I wasn't always the most patient along the way. Keep up your good attitude and try to be patient (ha, right) and remember as much as we want to have control, it is The Lords time we need to try and understand. You can do it, I think you can! I am also a firm believer in blessings, everyday if you need one, like me right now. :-)
Oh and there are still great things out here and super affordable housing. (that was a plug for Utah)
Oh, Becky. I sympathize! I really do. And, it's especially hard to make life decisions while pregnant. At least I know it is for me! Hang in there.
i'm so excited about your newest addition! please share the details on when you're due.
i think your attitude of gratitude is the best way to move forward. it seems like those who are always grateful for what they have, receive more.
lots of love!
ps- where do you find an Iraqi horoscope advisor?
Just wanted to say that I can totally relate to how tough it is to have a husband that doesn't love what he's doing at work. We've been with the same company for 8 years now, but at least half of that time, my husband was miserable and it was SO hard to always be upbeat and optimistic. I worried so much about our future (and often our present) and it really ate at me.
Interestingly, over time my husband got to know himself better and has been able to steer himself to positions that better suit and interest him. Things are so much happier at home now that he's happier at work. It took time (a couple years!) but I'm so grateful we were patient and pressed forward because the rewards have been great and life feels pretty stable now.
Post a Comment