Well, call me a nerd, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Holidays. And I love making my home feel festive and beautiful. I can't really help it. My mom is the exact same way. I remember Christmas feeling so magical for so many reasons, but high on the list was the atmosphere the Christmas decor created. The lights on the trees, the candles in the windows, they make everything glisten and bring such a special ambiance to an otherwise ordinary space. Even in college I loved coming home to a home so decorated. So I come by it honestly I suppose.
We did boxwood wreaths on the mirrors in the living area and I love how it turned out.
One of my favorite elements of holiday decoration is the Nativity. After all, that's the reason why we have Christmas. I like to have reminders in my home as many places as possible.
This nativity set was given to us by Shaun's mom the first year we were married and I LOVE it!
The view when you come in.
I went with mercury and candles for my table, and added a little more boxwood to my chandelier
Upstairs we put our fake tree with all of our silver and gold ornaments.
I love the way this looks at night with all the soft white lights.
The little tree in the front window was a new addition this year, and it works perfectly in that spot.
Chalkboard art is all the rage now, so I attempted to be artistic and made my own little Holiday sign when you come in. It was fun, and I can change it out with the seasons.
On our front door I did our tree card, another fun holiday favorite!
And when you walk in the front door...
And here's the basement. We did the colored lights here and decided this is where we will have our Christmas morning. After all, Santa will have to come down the chimney to leave the presents, and stockings are hung on the mantel with care.
So there you have it, the Calderwood Casa 2013!
~Happy Holidays~














No comments:
Post a Comment