Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloweek 2014: Trick or Treat x 3

Yes, that's not a typo in the title.  It's a purposeful play on words.  Halloweek, because Halloween has become a weeklong celebration of candy, costumes, parties, and carving pumpkins.  Back when I was a kid (oh geez I'm sounding old with that intro), trick or treating was just a one time thing, but these days it's a week long festival of treating and tricking (more treating though).  The girls went trick or treating not once, not twice, but THREE  TIMES this year!  

The first trick or treat adventure happened last weekend at the church Trunk or Treat.  Ella was very excited to be a black cat this year, while Amelia was very excited to be Elsa ( a very popular Halloween costume for little girls this year).  After getting her dress on she told me, "Mom, now I have magical ice powers, don't I?"  And THAT my friends, is why I love Halloween with young children.  It's so fun, though in general I don't love this holiday, it's grown on me with little kids because they get so excited about it.


This is how Alex trick or treated, in style in his car seat and stroller, swaddled tightly.  Someone gave him a Starburst, a nice gesture.


"Let it Go" says Elsa


 Alex, our little punkin'.  Big stretches in this photo after a long night of trick or treating...  clearly it's exhausting to be pushed around in a stroller all night.  Here he's nearly two months old, and sporting his very adorable pumpkin pajamas.

Trick or Treat adventure #2 happened at school.  Amelia decided to use Ella's black cat costume just to mix it up a bit.

Another festive part of Halloweek is the pumpkin carving.  Shaun and the girls took their pumpkins they got from the pumpkin patch earlier this month and they did these amazing carvings.  I was super impressed but I can take no credit for these artistic creations!  This is totally Shaun's thing.



And as if we needed more candy after two Trick or Treating adventures (not to mention both girls had a party at school), we had the actual Halloween night to look forward to still. Ella was back to being her feisty feline self while Amelia "let it go" with Queen Elsa again!
 This was Ella's first pose when I got the camera out, and then I made her make a "nice face," and we got the more somber photo below.  I have to admit I kinda love the feisty one!


 Baby Alex hung out with daddy to pass out candy.  He was passed out himself so it was a good fit.

 And our neighbor, Liam, joined us for our second annual trick or treating adventure in our neighborhood.  He was Steve from Minecraft, or so he tells me.  I've never played mine craft.
 Three cuties ready to go consume large amounts of candy!
 And the kids in front of their pumpkins

So there you have it, Halloween 2014 was a blast!  I love the photos below because they really say a lot about the personalities of my two misses... sigh.  Gotta love 'em!

No comments: