Christmas Eve is always my favorite. There's always a big let down Christmas Day, there's all of this hype and then all of the sudden it's over and there's a sadness to the day. Not to mention the kids get stir crazy and your house becomes a disaster zone of toys and destruction, too much sugar consumption, and fatigue from helping the big guy the night before. So Christmas Day is actually not my favorite, but Christmas Eve, now Christmas Eve is special! Plus I like to take Christmas Eve to focus more on the Savior and his birth, so it's really a wonderful evening.
This year Shaun worked Christmas Eve, so I was about ready to pull my hair out by the time he got home, but thankfully he came before I blew a gasket, and we got ready and headed over to my parents for a lovely dinner, followed by time singing carols by the piano, and reading the Christmas Story from Luke 2. The girls followed along and had a sticker nativity that they did while we read about each character in the story. I think that was my favorite part of the evening. 

Playing Carols in the living room

But finally they couldn't wait any longer, and it was time for them to open their gifts from Nana and Papa. We also had a few small things for Nana and Papa to open.
Ella got a big pony from Papa. She's still working on a name for her. It changes daily.
Amelia got a beautiful doll. She was so excited when she opened it and said, "I've always wanted a doll."
Here they are showing their gratitude with great big hugs for nana.
Papa also got Ella a Dinosaur Encyclopedia and she wanted to read it right then and there. She loved it!
Amelia also got a train and she absolutely LOVED it! That's what she chose to sleep with that night even over the doll. She's so cute!
Alex had a very simple Christmas. He simply enjoyed being loved, and really, what's better than that?
Nana got the girls purses from Frozen! Excellent choice!
And they both got puzzles! They say 5+ for age but my mom and I had a difficult time putting it together. It's either for gifted five year olds or my mom and I are a little slow. It was still fun though.
Alex is getting so big. He's definitely my best Christmas gift ever!













No comments:
Post a Comment