Monday, December 29, 2014

Nana turns 30 for the 39th time!


My sisters were supposed to fly in for an evening with my mom, but that ended up not working out when my oldest sister called and said she was too sick to make it.  It was unfortunate in many ways because I was really looking forward to time with three women who have had a huge influence on my life: my mom and two big sisters; but life happens, and for them it was probably best to be able to stay with their families during this very busy holiday season.  So I'm the lucky one because I don't have to fly in to have an afternoon with my mom.  I took a day off of work and she and I went out to celebrate at the Cheesecake Factory!  It was really nice to have one of the only times without any of my kids (unless you count when I'm at work which totally DOES NOT count).  We strolled through the mall, also something I never do, and we enjoyed a yummy lunch and even better company!  I love this lady who is so giving of herself and her talents and energies.  I can't believe she's 69!  I hope we have many more years of celebrating with her to come, but I'm aware my parents aren't getting any younger.  I know they have various ailments.  My mom is relatively healthy but she's frequently tired.  She's still a lot of fun though.  We really enjoyed our afternoon together!  So happy birthday to my most favorite mom who loves me and my kids unconditionally.  Thanks for all you do!

No comments: