O' there's no place like home for the holidays.... It took all week, but we finally finished decorating our home in time for Grandpa C's visit the first weekend in December. Decorating the house is a lot of work, but I usually look forward to it. My mom and I always had so much fun decorating during the holidays, and it brings back so many good memories. As long as good holiday music is playing in the background, there's really no better way to spend an evening in my opinion.
So here's our home, 2014! We didn't change much from the year before, just minor things, but it came together very nicely.
During the day and evening
This is one of my favorite views, and I can look at it often because it's the view from the couch where we spend a lot of our time. Sigh. I love Christmas, all the twinkling lights, the smells, the sounds. It's truly a beautiful time of year.
But one of my favorite things about this holiday season is seeing my children understanding the true meaning of Christmas. I found this letter in Ella's backpack one day. She obviously wasn't done writing it, but it's precious to me. She understands WHY we celebrate this special season, something it's easy to forget when it's become so commercialized. HE is the reason, HE is the gift. I was grateful that at least on some level my six year old understands that. I'm looking forward to a wonderful holiday season, and I hope the special gift of our Savior's birth, his life, and his Atonement can stay close to my heart during this very exciting but busy time.





No comments:
Post a Comment