Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An ode to grandma and granpa "C" from Ella






This entry is dedicated to Grandma and Granpa C. We'll call it, "A letter from Ella."
Dear grandma and grandpa,
Today when you left, mom and dad almost cried. I DID cry. Of course, I cry every day, but this time it wasn't because of my "assfacious" condition, but because I miss you two. Grandma gave me nightly baths that I absolutely loved, and Grandpa had a magic touch when my tummy hurt. He also called my crying "singing", which I appreciated!


I have enjoyed having so many admirers these last few days. Between my parents and both sets of grandparents, I've enjoyed the almost constant attention of six adults hovering over my every need. A girl could really get used to that, you know? By contrast, today was sooo sad. Grandma and Grandpa left, Nana and Papa went back to work and their routines, and dad went back to school. Mommy was not as good at catering to my every need as my doting admirers of the past three days have been. Where were my ooohs and aaahs? Today I was not held and adored every second as I have grown accustomed to. But alas, if mom will not hold me at every moment, I will enjoy looking up and around more. I like seeing everything going on around me. My parents make the funniest faces, which is why I'm laughing more now. Mom says my smiles melt her heart!


I also had my baby blessing this week at church. I only cried when my binky fell out. But luckily my grandpas and cousins were there to catch it for me and pop it right back in on three separate occasions. Therefore, I maintained my composure for the most part. Dad did a wonderful job bestowing on me blessings that Heavenly Father wants for me, as well as both of my parents. Family and friends joined in the celebration and it was a wonderful time. I feel so blessed to be a part of this Calderwood family. They're amazing!
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for coming to visit me. I can't wait to see you again in August:) In the mean time, I'll work on growing and getting over my assfacious. Mom and dad say they also want me to work on sleeping through the night, but I haven't quite decided if that's a priority for me yet.
With love,
Ella Celeste Calderwood

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is the cutest thing. I love her blessing dress. I wish we could have come to see you guys and be there for the blessing. Hopefully soon. I loved the letter. You are so creative. I would have never thought to write it from Ella's perspective!! She is just beautiful.

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

what does assfacious mean anyway? Sorry my phone died on me last night, i was to hear more about her blessing and her assfaciousness.

a little chat with pat said...

Dear Ella,
It's a sad day for Grammy. I miss you terribly. What will I do without you?? I miss your mood swings (zero to 85 in 1 second). I miss our cuddle time. I miss your ittle angel spirit. I miss your daddy and mommy. And I miss the most that you will keep growing, changing, and discovering new things and I will miss it all. There has to be some BIG MIStake in the whole living arrangements. Tell mommy and daddy that you want to live closer to Grandma C. (don't tell grandma W. though) Love you, Grandma C.

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

She looks beautiful in her blessing dress! Congratulations! I think that Grandpa Craig and Grandma Pat look pretty great holding that adorable baby!