
We had a lot of fun visiting with Grandma C for the past ten days and we were all very sad to say our goodbyes yesterday. Here's a little recap of our fun adventures together. We went to the pumpkin patch (pictures left), the apple harvest festival at Graves Mountain Lodge (below), shopping, and on many walks in the beautiful fall weather. We re-did the girls nursery (also below) to make room for Ella's bed and keep all those toys organized. This was also a good way to help me feel sanity in my small space that has to serve so many functions. I think it turned out great and am so appreciative we had a little decorating project to get me excited and motivated.
Grandma also played dolls and dress up with Ella and was sure to tell her bed time stories about Peter and Patty. She bought her a new Ariel doll that all of us got to hear more than we ever wanted from (she sings when you press her necklace and Ella LOOOOVES her). Grandma C helped with Amelia cuddling her, feeding her, and giving her baths, and she made us lots of good food (I put three pounds back on unfortunately), and this past Sunday Shaun blessed little Amelia, more to come on that in a different post.


It was a nice visit and I tried to enjoy every moment as I know next week I return to work full time, as if motherhood wasn't enough of a full time job now I will have

two full time jobs. I can't even tell you

how much that bums me out. I'm trying to think positively though and look forward to exciting events like Shaun starting his new job (we're hoping for the first of January as last week the investigator for his security clearance met with him and he did his polygraph). Once he's started his job we will most likely buy our first home and that will bring a whole new set of challenges but also so many thinks to look forward to. For now, my going back to work means getting into a new routine. Shaun will only work at the golf course on weekends and will be at home with the girls until his contract job begins. I'm glad I wont have to cart them off to daycare although I love Miss Jen who watches Ella. She'll hopefully be watching the girls when Shaun starts his job but only for a couple of hours a day.
To all of you who commented, texted, or emailed after my last post, thank you for your support, your love, and your suggestions. I didn't even know that many people actually read this silly little blog. I appreciate all of your support and knowing I'm not alone in feeling like motherhood is the hardest job on the planet. It is still hard even with the help of mothers and mother-in-laws, but I'm trying not to feel so hopeless these days. Some days are better than others. The visit with Shaun's mom helped a lot. Thanks Pat for being such a wonderful mother and grandmother. We love you and miss you!









Ella loved playing dolls with Grandma C. She brought her lots of new accessories for her little dollhouse that she had gotten for her birthday.
Below Amelia gets a bath and Ella plays with sidewalk chalk and rides her bike. Photos of Amelia with her grandma.

3 comments:
Looks like a fun visit! I'm glad you had fun.
Sorry about you returning to work! I hope it isn't too hard of a transition.
Where is Shaun's new job? I hope it goes well and he can start soon.
I love your posts and I LOVE that you put up so many pictures. Wish I was closer and could come play with the girls (and you too!).
Thanks for all the kind words. I am having E. and A. withdrawels and plan on joining "grandma's who live far away anonymous."
Post a Comment