

We celebrated Amelia's 6 week birthday this week and every day she seems to grow more and more beautiful. She continues to be the sweetest little baby with a content disposition. She's started smiling back at us and her smile just makes me melt with her little dimple in her cheek. She would love to be held all day long if possible and were she my first she probably would be spoiled by my constant holding her and oogling over her. As it is, my oogling is kept at a minimum as her two year old sister keeps me on my toes. Seriously, I'm buying a harness for that girl so she wont run away. I used to think those things were taboo but now I'm 100% behind them. And so I digress. As I was saying, it's hard not to spoil Miss Amelia and Shaun still thinks that I do, but I definitely don't hold her as much as I would were she my first. I don't remember Ella liking to be held like this. So every day I fall more and more in love with this little cuddle bug here to bless our family. We're so glad she's come to join us and extremely grateful Heavenly Father has entrusted us with her care. It's an awesome responsibility and definitely the hardest job I've ever had. I'd be lying if I said every day were perfect and I never lose my patience. There are days that I'm a complete wreck but quiet moments like right now when I actually get a moment to collect my thoughts, I am very grateful for the life I have even though it's also the hardest my life has ever been. Thank goodness for naps!

2 comments:
Congratulations, again, Becca and Shaun! Little Amelia looks so beautiful and looks a lot like her sister! I have to agree with you, the second time around with having a baby, though challenging with an older child already in tow, is a lot more enjoyable because you know what to expect a little more. Plus, you know that your little babe won't be a babe in arms much longer and that cuddling will soon come to an end! I'm taking advantage of holding my 4 month old as much as I can, as well!
amelia is so beautiful! and don't feel bad about the harness -- we've considered one too for our little girl. too much energy!
Post a Comment