

Our precious little Amelia was blessed at church on Sunday by her dad. It was one of the most tender and sweet blessings in my unbiased opinion. Truly Shaun must have been in tune with the Spirit for I too had been feeling many of the things that were said about her and blessings pronounced upon her. I was able to jot down some notes before Ella took my pen and began using it to draw all over the Sacrament meeting program. I think the most touching thing to me was that she would continue to have the sweet disposition in life she has had thus far and her disposition will be a blessing of peace and hope to her family members. I think this was particularly moving for me because she has already in her short little life brought feelings of peace and hope to me as her mother. Having two has been a pretty rough road so far. Some days I'm not sure how I will get through the day, let alone the week. I have been feeling pretty low and there's a pretty strong chance I may be having some Post Pardom blues if not full blown depression, but the one thing that has continued to bring a smile to my face is Amelia's sweet little disposition. One smile from her and I melt. She is so completely lovable and it seems some days she just knows how hard things are for me and she will be particularly sweet those days. She will coo and gaa and then drift off to sleep without a peep. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father sent me this little girl as I know she will continue to be a source of peace and hope in my life.
My parents, Shaun's mom, and his aunt Pixie and cousin Tyler came to the blessing. We were also really happy to have our good friends, The Bonacci's, come into town. They came down for a job interview Monday and we're keeping our fingers crossed they join us in VA soon:) Their little boy, Peter, plays so well with Ella. Unlike her though he loves to pose for the camera.




4 comments:
How wonderful! I'm so glad you had family and friends there with the blessing. Hang in there, Becky! I understand about the PPD/depression. Please talk with your doctor about it if you feel you need to. Better to get help earlier than later. Wish we were closer to help.
We were very blessed to have been able to of been there! Hang in there Becks!I agree with WrayLynn, there's no shame in some PPD. It happends so often and it is treatable, unless you're Tom Cruise, just don't be Tom Cruise! Thanks for showing off my handsome little dude!
What a great week-end! I remember those days of just counting down the days till the week-end or the minutes until Aaron would get home from work. Adjusting to two little ones is so hard! Hang in there! Try to get outside for a walk a little bit everyday, drink lots of water, and eat lots of fruits and veggies. That always helps me feel better when I'm down in the dumps. Easier said than done with two little ones though :) I love the pictures you took of my sister's family! I may have to steal them.
We had so much fun seeing you this past weekend. Wish we could have been there for the blessing too! You look just GORGEOUS by the way! Love these pictures! :)
Post a Comment