I know I claimed in our first blog entry that I wouldn't be the wordy type, but something about today makes me want to write. It was a perfect day. I don't really know why. The weather was somewhat gloomy, and nothing crazy exciting happened, but it was perfect in the way that wearing your favorite pair of pj's is perfect, or those jeans that you just can't bear to wash because they fit just right are perfect. Yes, like old jeans, today was comfortable. I'm finally establishing a routine with Ella. She ate like clockwork every three hours, and slept in perfect increments as to allow me to do some of my favorite things like clean my house, go for our daily walk, and shower and get ready. I know these things are ordinary, but since having her it's been rare that all three of these things have occurred without her crying at some point, inevitably delaying that shower or walk until another time. Often, I try to make her conform to my schedule but she stands her ground. She'll have none of it. Today though, she did conform to my schedule. It's amazing the things you appreciate after having a baby. Like being able to finally fold that load of laundry that's been sitting in the dryer for too long, or sleep just four hours without interruption. But despite all of it's adjustments, I simply can't imagine a better life. Even on those non-perfect days when she does disrupt my planned "to do" list (which has been every day thus far in her eight week life), I wouldn't trade her for all of the clean homes or walks in the world. And for those of you that know me, that's saying a lot. I like a clean home.
I'm sad that I have to go back to work in just one short month. I feel like we're just barely starting to nail down a routine. But today has taught me to be grateful for the little things, and enjoy the present. I think today I was able to do that, and that made it perfect!
8 comments:
Oh! I'm excited to see this. I look forward to catching up in more detail soon, but at least this way I won't be completely, hopelessly out of the loop.
She's so beautiful!
Grace
It is funny how children change your life. I remember how hard it was to try to find time to do everyday things when Ashlee was little. It doesn't get any easier when they get older... the challenges just change. But like you said, worth every minute.
Bec - you are fabulous! I'm so glad you started this blog so we can all experience your wonderful life with you. I love to read anything you write. You're so articulate & even the smallest sentence can sometimes be poetic!
Can't wait to see you guys (hopefully at the end of this month)!
I just don't. I haven't vaccumed in weeks! I did however get the bathroom cleaned and the laundry put away! Babies! Enjoy the crazy days, appreciate the normal ones.
Yea for everyone who wrote to me. This could be a very time efficient way of keeping in touch with many people at the same time. I'm discovering the joys of blogging:)
Way to go for starting your blog! I have yet to do this myself. I think you are a great writer and are handeling motherhood wonderfully!
(You will learn to keep clean house and have kids as time goes on, although it never seems to stay clean for very long for me)
This entree made me cry. Well Written. Well said, and well felt.
I like words, so I'm glad this is wordy. Sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your blog...I love your little fam!
Post a Comment